Responsible for Data Processing
www.Petplan.es (hereafter “the Website”) is a website owned by “PETPLAN IBERICA, S.L. Correduría de Seguros” (hereafter, Petplan). Registered offices are in Seville, at C/Aviación 18-1º Planta, Post Code 41007 Seville (Spain). Registered in the Mercantile Registry of Seville, Volume 5.691, page 131, sheet SE-97.106, with VAT Registration Code Number B-90.057.431 and is responsible for the files generated with personal data provided by users through this Website. Telephone: 910052862 Email: email@example.com
1.-Scope of Application
To anyone who visits the web www.Petplan.es and all those who voluntarily communicate with PETPLAN through email, chat, social networks or who complete any form of data collection on the PETPLAN website, either to request information about PETPLAN products and services or to request your participation in any PETPLAN commercial action.
STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. You must not extract pricing information for any purpose other than the private insurance of your own animals. You must not obtain any unauthorised, false or fraudulent quotes or purchases of insurance.
Petplan hereby informs that, in accordance with the provisions of Article 6 of the LOPDGDD, in relation to Article 4.11 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, concerning the protection of natural persons in respect to the processing of personal data and guarantee of digital data, your personal data will be incorporated into an automated data processing system, whose purpose is to provide services related to the corporate purpose of Petplan, consisting of private insurance mediation in the form of legal person insurance broker with said entity. In this regard, we collect data related to:
Personal contact details of the client for billing, payment and sending of information related to the service provided.
2.- Categories of the data processed.
The personal data processed in Petplan comes from the interested party.
The categories of data that are processed are:
- A) Identification data
- B) Postal and electronic addresses
- C) Commercial information
- D) Economic and insurance financial data
- E) Bank details
The use of Petplan products and services requires the express acceptance of this privacy and data protection policy
3.- How do we use your personal information?
The following is a summary of the purposes for which we use personal information.
- Performing services for our clients
- Administering our client engagements. We process personal information about our clients and the individual representatives of our corporate clients in order to:
- carry out “Know Your Client” checks and screening prior to starting a new engagement;
- carry out client communication, service, billing and administration;
- deal with client complaints;
- administer claims.
- Contacting and marketing our clients and prospective clients. We process personal information about our clients in order to:
- contact our clients in relation to current, future and proposed engagements;
- send our clients newsletters, know-how, promotional material and other marketing communications
- invite our clients to events (and arrange and administer those events).
- Conducting data analytics
- Provide information and services as requested by you or by clients
- Determine eligibility and process applications for products and services;
- Understand and assess clients’ ongoing needs and offer products and services to meet those needs;
- Obtain and update credit information with appropriate third parties, such as credit reporting agencies, where transactions are made on credit;
- Execute monitoring and training;
- Develop new services;
- Market products and services (subject to appropriate consent); and
- Conduct processing necessary to fulfil other contractual obligations for the individual.
If we wish to use your personal information for a purpose which is not compatible with the purpose for which it was collected for, we will request your consent. In all cases, we balance our legal use of your personal information with your interests, rights, and freedoms in accordance with applicable laws and regulations to make sure that your personal information is not subject to unnecessary risk.
- Legal basis. All processing (i.e. use) of your personal information is justified by a “lawful basis” for processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps (at your request) to enter into a contract (e.g. where we help an employer to fulfil an obligation to you under an employment contract in relation to the delivery of employee benefits);
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation (e.g. where we are required to collect certain information about our clients for tax or accounting purposes, or where we are required to make disclosures to courts or regulators); or
- the processing is in our legitimate commercial interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights (e.g. where we use personal information provided to us by our clients to deliver our services, and that processing is not necessary in relation to a contract to which you are a party).
In limited circumstances, we will use your consent as the basis for processing your personal information, for example, where we are required to obtain your prior consent in order to send you marketing communications.
4.- How long do we retain your personal information?
5.- Do we disclose your personal information?
- Within Petplan
We may share your personal information with other Petplan entities, brands, divisions, and subsidiaries to serve you, including for the activities listed above.
- Business Partners
We disclose personal information to business partners who provide certain specialised services to us, or who co-operate with us on projects. These business partners operate as separate controllers and are responsible for their own compliance with data protection laws. You should refer to their privacy notices for more information about their practices.
- Insurance broking and insurance products- insurers, reinsurers, other insurance intermediaries, insurance reference bureaus, medical or veterinary service providers, fraud detection agencies, our advisers such as loss adjusters, lawyers and accountants and others involved in the claims handling process
- Authorised Service Providers
We may disclose your information to service providers we have retained (as processors) to perform services on our behalf (either in relation to services performed for our clients, or information which Petplan uses for its own purposes, such as marketing). These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
These third parties appropriately safeguard your data, and their activities are limited to the purposes for which your data was provided.
6.- Security of personal data
The access and/or treatment of the data by Petplan, without prejudice to the specific legal or regulatory provisions that may be applicable in each case or those that Petplan adopts on its own initiative, will be subject to the necessary security measures to:
- Guarantee the confidentiality, integrity, availability and permanent resilience in the systems and services of the treatment.
- Restore availability and access to personal data quickly, in case of physical or technical incident.
- Verify, evaluate and assess, on a regular basis, the effectiveness of the technical and organizational measures implemented to ensure the safety of the treatment.
- Pseudonymize and encrypt personal data, if applicable.
Our service providers and agents are contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality of personal information and may not use the information for any unauthorised purpose.
7.- Other rights regarding your data
According to GDPR, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the personal information requested to you.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request.
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
- Right to Access: You have right to access personal information which PetPlan holds about you. If you have created a profile, you can access to that information by visiting your account.
- Right to obtain a copy of your personal data
- Right to Rectification. You have a right to request us to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or out of date
- Right to be Forgotten (Right to Erasure) You have the right under certain circumstances to have your personal information erased: Your information can only be erased if your data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, and we have no other legal ground for processing the data.
- Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information, but only where: its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to data portability, which requires us to provide personal information to you or another controller in a commonly used, machine readable format, but only where the processing of that information is based on consent; or the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
- Right to Object to Processing. You have the right to object the processing of your personal information at any time, but only where that processing is has our legitimate interests as its legal basis. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms
Petplan customers and/or users may exercise their rights through communication sent, that must be accompanied by the specific request for exercise of law, photocopy of the ID of the interested party or valid document proving their identity, and should go to the following address :
- Data Protection
- Petplan Ibérica SL
- C / Aviación 18-1ª Planta, C.P 41007 Sevilla (Spain)
8.- Control Authority
Petplan users and/or customers may contact the Spanish Agency for Data Protection if they consider that the treatment carried out with their personal data has not been carried out with according to the current legislation, whose contact data are available in their own Agency website www.agpd.es
9.- International Data Transfers.
If, for the provision of the services contracted by Petplan customers, the international transfer of their data is required, this circumstance will be collected under the specific conditions that apply to the corresponding product or service and must be expressly accepted by the latter prior to their own data transfer
10.- Petplan as the person in charge of the treatment.
Petplan will treat the personal data, which the client will be responsible or in charge of the treatment when this is necessary for the adequate provision of the contracted services. In that case, Petplan will act as the person in charge of the treatment, in accordance with the terms indicated below.
Petplan will only process the data in accordance with the instructions of the client responsible or in charge of the processing, not using them for a purpose other than the one contained in this data protection policy and/or in the contractual conditions that apply.
Once the provision of the services that motivate the processing of personal data has been completed, these data will be destroyed, also any support or documents that contain any personal data or any type of information that has been generated during, for and/or by the provision of the services subject to the corresponding conditions. However, Petplan may keep the data duly blocked during the period in which responsibilities may be derived from its relationship with the client.
Petplan maintains due professional secrecy regarding the personal data that must be accessed and/or processed in order to comply in each case with the object of the conditions of service that apply to it, both during and after the termination of the same, pledging to use said information only for the intended purpose in each case and to demand the same level of commitment from any person who, within your organization, participates in any phase of the personal data processing responsibility of the client.
The client authorizes Petplan, as the person in charge of the treatment, to outsource to third parties, on behalf of the client, the storage services, custody of the backup copies of data and security, and those that were necessary to enable the provision of contracted services, respecting in any case the obligations imposed by the GDPR and its development regulations. At any time, the client may contact Petplan to know the identity of the subcontracted entities for the provision of the indicated services, which will act in accordance with the terms provided in this document and prior formalization with Petplan of a data processing contract in accordance with current regulations.
The client authorizes Petplan to perform the actions indicated below, provided they are necessary for the execution of the provision of services. This authorization is limited to the actions necessary for the provision of each service and with a maximum duration according to the validity of the applicable contractual conditions:
- To process personal data on portable devices only by users or user profiles assigned to the provision of services.
- To carry out the treatment outside the premises of the client or Petplan, only by the users or user profiles assigned to the provision of the services.
- The entry and exit of media and documents containing personal data, including those included and/or attached to an email, outside the premises under the control of the client responsible for the processing.
- The data recovery procedures that Petplan is forced to perform.
Petplan is not responsible for the breach of the legal obligations in protection of personal data by the user and/or client in what corresponds to its activity and that is related to the contract or commercial relationships with Petplan. Each party must face the responsibility arising from its own breach of contractual obligations and the regulations.
11.- Changes to this Statement
We may update this Statement from time to time. When we do, we will post the current version on this site, and we will revise the version date located at the bottom of this page.
We encourage you to periodically review this Statement so that you will be aware of our privacy practices.
12.- Contact Us
- C/ Aviación 18-1ª Planta C.P. 41007 Sevilla (Spain)