www.PetPlan.es (hereafter “the Website”) is a website owned by “PETPLAN IBERICA, S.L. Correduría de Seguros” (hereafter, PetPlan). Registered offices are in Seville, at C/Aviación 18-1º Planta, Post Code 41007 Seville (Spain). Registered in the Mercantile Registry of Seville, Volume 5.691, page 131, sheet SE-97.106, with VAT Registration Code Number B-90.057.431 and is responsible for the files generated with personal data provided by users through this Website.
PetPlan is committed to protecting your privacy. This commitment reflects the value we place on earning and keeping the trust of our customers, business partners, and others who share their personal information with us.
- What is Personal Data
PetPlan collects personal information from its Users to provide services as broker insurance, also, collects some personal information directly, for example over its Websites and applications.
PetPlan uses personal information to deliver services to clients. For its own purposes, it also uses personal information to analyse and improve how it delivers those services, to contact representatives of its clients or prospective clients and to market to them.
If PetPlan uses your personal information, you will have certain important rights which you can exercise. The rights you will be able to exercise will depend on how and why PetPlan uses your information.
- When and how do we collect your information?
PetPlan collects personal information in the following ways:
- When we perform services for our clients. Our services and products are insurance broking In these cases, your personal information will normally be provided to us by yourself. We may also need to obtain information from third parties such as insurance companies, insurance brokers or agents, and publicly available sources.
- When you request a service from us. For example, if you ask us to obtain insurance quotes on your behalf.
- When you register with or use the Website or applications.
- If you contact us with a complaint or query.
- When you engage with us over social media.
- What information do we collect?
- Information you provide to us
When you request services, we ask that you provide accurate and necessary information that enables us to respond to your request. When a visitor provides personal information to us, we use it for the purposes for which it was provided to us as stated at the point of collection or as obvious from the context of collection, for example providing an insurance quote, or creating a profile on a Website or application.
- Information we collect from clients or third parties
When we provide the services listed above for our clients, we may collect personal information such as your name, contact details, date of birth, gender, marital status, financial details, your pet details.
If you provide personal information about other individuals, you must obtain their consent prior to your disclosure to us.
- Information we collect over PetPlan Websites, mobile applications and social media.
We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register for events, request services, manage accounts, access various content and features or directly visit our Websites. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number and mobile number;
- User name, password, password reminder questions and password answers;
- Communication preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive;
- Search queries;
- Contact information about others when you refer a friend to a particular site or service (note: this information is used solely to facilitate requested communications); and
- Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features.
- Social Media:
You can engage with us through social media Websites or through features such as plug-ins or applications on PetPlan Websites that integrate with social media sites. You may also choose to link your account with us to third party social media sites. When you link your account or engage with us on or through third party social media sites, plug-ins, or applications, you may allow us to have ongoing access to certain information from your social media account (e.g., name, e-mail address, photo, gender, birthday, the posts or the ‘likes’ you make).
- Mobile Devices:
If you access our Websites on your mobile telephone or mobile device, we may also collect your unique device identifier and mobile device IP address, as well as information about your device’s operating system, mobile carrier and your location information. We may also ask you to consent to providing your mobile phone number (for example, so that we can send you push notifications).
- How do we use your personal information?
The following is a summary of the purposes for which we use personal information.
- Performing services for our clients
- Administering our client engagements. We process personal information about our clients and the individual representatives of our corporate clients in order to:
- carry out “Know Your Client” checks and screening prior to starting a new engagement;
- carry out client communication, service, billing and administration;
- deal with client complaints;
- administer claims.
- Contacting and marketing our clients and prospective clients. We process personal information about our clients in order to:
- contact our clients in relation to current, future and proposed engagements;
- send our clients newsletters, know-how, promotional material and other marketing communications
- invite our clients to events (and arrange and administer those events).
- Conducting data analytics
- Provide information and services as requested by you or by clients
- Determine eligibility and process applications for products and services;
- Understand and assess clients’ ongoing needs and offer products and services to meet those needs;
- Obtain and update credit information with appropriate third parties, such as credit reporting agencies, where transactions are made on credit;
- Execute monitoring and training;
- Develop new services;
- Market products and services (subject to appropriate consent); and
- Conduct processing necessary to fulfil other contractual obligations for the individual.
If we wish to use your personal information for a purpose which is not compatible with the purpose for which it was collected for, we will request your consent. In all cases, we balance our legal use of your personal information with your interests, rights, and freedoms in accordance with applicable laws and regulations to make sure that your personal information is not subject to unnecessary risk.
- Legal basis. All processing (i.e. use) of your personal information is justified by a “lawful basis” for processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps (at your request) to enter into a contract (e.g. where we help an employer to fulfil an obligation to you under an employment contract in relation to the delivery of employee benefits);
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation (e.g. where we are required to collect certain information about our clients for tax or accounting purposes, or where we are required to make disclosures to courts or regulators); or
- the processing is in our legitimate commercial interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights (e.g. where we use personal information provided to us by our clients to deliver our services, and that processing is not necessary in relation to a contract to which you are a party).
In limited circumstances, we will use your consent as the basis for processing your personal information, for example, where we are required to obtain your prior consent in order to send you marketing communications.
- Do we disclose your personal information?
- Within PetPlan
We may share your personal information with other PetPlan entities, brands, divisions, and subsidiaries to serve you, including for the activities listed above.
- Business Partners
We disclose personal information to business partners who provide certain specialised services to us, or who co-operate with us on projects. These business partners operate as separate controllers and are responsible for their own compliance with data protection laws. You should refer to their privacy notices for more information about their practices.
- Insurance broking and insurance products- insurers, reinsurers, other insurance intermediaries, insurance reference bureaus, medical or veterinary service providers, fraud detection agencies, our advisers such as loss adjusters, lawyers and accountants and others involved in the claims handling process
- Authorised Service Providers
We may disclose your information to service providers we have retained (as processors) to perform services on our behalf (either in relation to services performed for our clients, or information which PetPlan uses for its own purposes, such as marketing). These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
These third parties appropriately safeguard your data, and their activities are limited to the purposes for which your data was provided.
- Legal Requirements and Business Transfers
We may disclose personal information (i) if we are required to do so by law, legal process, statute, rule, regulation, or professional standard, or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other legal request. (ii) in response to law enforcement authority or other government official requests, (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or (v) in the event that PetPlan is subject to a merger or acquisition to the new owner of the business. Disclosure may also be required for company audits or to investigate a complaint or security threat.
- Do we have security measures in place to protect your information?
The security of your personal information is important to us and PetPlan has implemented reasonable physical, technical and administrative security standards to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We protect your personal information against unauthorised access, use or disclosure, using security technologies and procedures, such as encryption and limited access. Only authorised individuals access your personal information, and they receive training about the importance of protecting personal information.
Our service providers and agents are contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality of personal information and may not use the information for any unauthorised purpose.
- Other rights regarding your data
According to GDPR, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the personal information requested to you.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request.
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
- Right to Access: You have right to access personal information which PetPlan holds about you. If you have created a profile, you can access that information by visiting your account.
- Right to Rectification. You have a right to request us to correct your personal information where it is inaccurate or out of date
- Right to be Forgotten (Right to Erasure) You have the right under certain circumstances to have your personal information erased: Your information can only be erased if your data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, and we have no other legal ground for processing the data.
- Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information, but only where: its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
- Right to Data Portability You have the right to data portability, which requires us to provide personal information to you or another controller in a commonly used, machine readable format, but only where the processing of that information is based on consent; or the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
- Right to Object to Processing You have the right to object the processing of your personal information at any time, but only where that processing is has our legitimate interests as its legal basis. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms
- How long do we retain your personal information?
- Changes to this Statement
We may update this Statement from time to time. When we do, we will post the current version on this site, and we will revise the version date located at the bottom of this page.
We encourage you to periodically review this Statement so that you will be aware of our privacy practices.
- Contact Us
- C/ Aviación 18-1ª Planta C.P. 41007 Sevilla